Spencer sure is a hard working kid! He's been saving every penny he makes for over a year! He's always asking for ways to make money. That attitude rubbed off to Isabella and she's also working to make money :)
They did different things to earn money. Plus my mom and us gave them some money here and there too. And even Isabella contributed to Spencer's big purchase ...
So, in February, I decided to help them by making cakes and have them sell them. They did such a good job helping me making the cakes and also selling them. I just drove them to neighbors home and they, by themselves, sold the cakes.
After paying their tithing, Spencer saved his money and Isabella bought an oversized stuffed animal! She loves it!
Spencer kept working ... he pulled weeds for me a couple of times. Win-win, because that's one thing I don't like to do! And he did it with such a good attitude!
They also did a lemonade stand. So many people stopped by! Sometimes, just to give them money for their hard work! Spencer was waving to the cars and all!
Well, after about a year saving, Spencer finally bought what he wanted ... an iPad!! I found a great deal on a 6 month old iPad 2 on KSL! I obviously will keep the iPad and when it's "media time" he can use it. Now I can free up some space on my iPad :) Since Isabella contributed a little bit to it, she'll play with it too ;)
I'm just so proud of both of them for working hard and for paying their tithing too!
It pays to work hard!



WHOA!!! WAY TO GO kiddos! ju, you guys are SUCH great parents. you should be so proud!
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty awesome that they saved so much money! They are such great little kids and I hope I make it up for their next lemonade sale! :)
ReplyDelete